Ternopil Ivan Puluj National Technical University
Факультет прикладних інформаційних технологій та електроінженерії
Кафедра електричної інженерії
Fundamentals of metrology and electrical measurements
|Major||141 - Електроенергетика, електротехніка та електромеханіка (бакалавр)|
|Field of knowledge||14 Електрична інженерія|
|Study start course||2|
|Semesters||From 4 — to 5|
|Form of education||full-time|
|Study hours structure||
|Amount of hours for individual work||66|
|Form of final examination||exam|
|Full name||Філюк Ярослав Олександрович|
Prerequirements (prerequisite courses)
Course goals and learning objectives
|Acquisition of knowledge about methods and means of measuring physical quantities (voltages, currents, active and reactive power, active and reactive resistance, capacitance and inductance, current frequency in the network, voltage deviation, voltage asymmetry in three-phase networks and voltage non-sinusoidal coefficient) operation of electrical systems and their individual elements - generators, transformers, overhead and cable power lines, power receivers, and necessary to control the electrical system: the implementation of continuous monitoring of their deviation from the nominal values.|
|Lectures||1. Concept of Measurement Systems. Fundamental and Derived Units. Standards and their Classifications. Methods of Measurement. Measurement System and its Elements.
2. Classification of Instruments. Definitions of Some Static Characteristics. Measurement of Errors. Loading Effects
3. Analog Meters. Introduction. Classification of Analog Instruments. Principle of Operation. Operating Torques. Constructional Details. Permanent Magnet Moving Coil Instrument
4. Extension of Range of PMMC Instruments. Moving-Iron Instruments. Electrodynamometer-Type Instruments. Electrostatic Instruments. Induction-type Instruments. Electrothermal Instruments. Rectifier-type Instruments. True rms Voltmeter. Comparison between Different Types of Instruments.
5. Measurement of Resistance. Introduction. Measurement of Medium Resistances. Measurement of Low Resistances. Measurement of High Resistances. Localisation of Cable Faults.
6. Potentiometers. Introduction. A Basic dc Potentiometer. Crompton’s dc Potentiometers. Applications of dc Potentiometers. AC Potentiometers. Classification of AC Potentiometers. Advantages and Disadvantages of AC Potentiometers. Applications of AC Potentiometer.
7.AC Bridges. Introduction. Sources and Detectors in AC Bridges. General Balance Equation for Four-Arm Bridge. Measurement of Self-Inductance
8. Measurement of Capacitance. Measurement of Frequency. Wagner Earthing Device
9. Power Measurement. Introduction. Power Measurement in dc Circuits. Power Measurement in ac Circuits. Electrodynamometer Type Wattmeter
10. Induction-type Wattmeter. Power Measurement in Polyphase Systems. Power Measurement in Three-Phase Systems. Reactive Power Measurements. Power Measurement with Instrument Transformers
11. Measurement of Energy. Introduction. Single-Phase Induction-type Energy Meter. Errors in Induction-type Energy Meters and Their Compensation. Testing of Energy Meters
12. Electronic Instruments. Introduction. Merits and Demerits of Digital Instruments over Analog Ones. Performance Characteristics of Digital Meters. Digital Multimeter
13. Digital Frequency Meter. Digital Voltmeters (DVMs).Signal Generators
14. Sensors and Transducers.Introduction. Electrical Transducers. Linear Variable differential Transformer (LVDT)
15. Strain Gauges. Electromagnetic Flow Meter. Temperature Transducers. Pressure Measurement
16.Magnetic Measurements. Introduction. Types of Magnetic Measurements. The Ballistic Galvanometer. Fluxmeter. Uses of Ballistic Galvanometer and Fluxmeter. Measurement of Flux Density. Measurement of Magnetising Force (H)
17. Recording, Storage and Display Devices. Introduction. Analog Recorders. Digital Recorders. Display System.
|Laboratory classes||Measure current, voltage, power in circles DC and AC
Measurement of electrical resistance precision bridge DC type R369
Measurement of inductance and capacitance bridge AC
Measurement of EMF and voltage compensation method
Estimation accuracy s of direct measurements of disposable observations
|Assessment during the semester is carried out in the form of tests in the Atutor system and by assessing laboratory work (performance, defense). The student's grade (maximum) is formed as follows:
Tests 25+20 balls
Labworks 30 balls
Recommended reading list. Subject Resources
|1. Basic Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering, By Giorgio Rizzoni
2.Electrical engineering. Principles and applications. Allan.R.Hambley
3. Electrical engineering. Fundamentals Vincent del Toro.
|PhD, JRF Філюк Ярослав Олександрович|
Дата останнього оновлення: 2020-12-09 09:34:08