Ternopil Ivan Puluj National Technical University
Факультет прикладних інформаційних технологій та електроінженерії
Кафедра електричної інженерії
Fundamentals of Relay Protection and Automation of Energy Systems
|Major||141 - Електроенергетика, електротехніка та електромеханіка (бакалавр)|
|Field of knowledge||14 Електрична інженерія|
|Study start course||4|
|Form of education||full-time|
|Study hours structure||
|Amount of hours for individual work||94|
|Form of final examination||exam|
|Academic degree||Cand. Sc.|
|Academic title||Assoc. Prof.|
|Full name||Koval Vadim Petrovich|
|In general, relays do not prevent damage to equipment; they operate after some detectable damage has already occurred. Their purpose is to limit, to the extent possible, further damage to equipment, to minimize danger to people, to reduce stress on other equipment, and above all, to remove the faulted equipment from the power system as quickly as possible so the integrity and stability of the remaining system is maintained. There is a control aspect inherent in relaying systems which complements the detection of faults and helps return the power system to an acceptable configuration as soon as possible so that service to customers can be restored. There is also a vital need to constantly monitor the power and the protective systems to analyze operations for correct performance and to rectify errors in design, application, or settings.|
|Lectures||Theme 1. Relay protection and automation of electric power systems.
Theme 2. Current and voltage transformers for relaying protection and automatics schemes.
Theme 3. Types of automatic relay protection devices and their functions. Damage and abnormal operating conditions.
Theme 4. Protection of synchronous generators, transformers and generator-transformer blocks.
Theme 5. Protection of busbars stations and substations.
Theme 6. Automatic power backup.
Theme 7. Automatic activation of synchronous generators for parallel operation.
Theme 8. Automatic control of frequency and true power.
Theme 9. Automatic regulation of voltage and reactive power.
Theme 10. Emergency automation, automatic control and telemechanics in power systems.
Theme 11. Automatic reclosing (AR).
Theme 12. Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS).
|Laboratory classes||Research of the universal portable device УПЗ-1
Research of the electromagnetic relay of maximum current type РТ-40
Test of the electromagnetic relay of a minimum voltage РН54/160
Research of the DC-type electromagnetic relay ЭВ -100 of the КЗ-12 protection kit.
Research of overcurrent protection of lines by КЗ-12 protection kit
Study of the current cut-off of the line by КЗ-12 protection kit
|1. Sheldrake A. L. Handbook of Electrical Engineering For Practitioners in the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Industry. John Wiley & Sons Ltd, The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 8SQ, England.
2. Leelaruji, R., Vanfretti, L. Power System Protective Relaying: basic concepts, industrial-grade devices, and communication mechanisms. Internal Report. Stockholm: KTH Royal Institute of Technology. July 2011.
3. Yang Y., Zhub L., Lic F., Wud Z., Caie C. Research on the Power Line Three-stage Over-current Protection Simulation. 6th International Conference on Advanced Design and Manufacturing Engineering (ICADME 2016).
4. Metha,V.K., Rohit (July 2008). "Chapter 21". Principles of Power System (4th ed.). S Chand. p. 503.
5. Paithankar, Y.G., Bhide, S.R. (July 2013). Fundamentals of Power System Protection (2nd ed.). PHI Learning. p. 33.
6. Hewitson, L.G.; Brown, M. (2005). Practical Power System Protection. Elsevier.
7. Paithankar, Y.G; Bhinde, S.R. (2003). Fundamentals of Power System protection. New Dehli: Ashok K Goshe.
|PhD Burmaka Vitaliy Oleksandrovich|