Ternopil Ivan Puluj National Technical University
Факультет економіки та менеджменту
Кафедра менеджменту та адміністрування
Pedagogics and ethics for professional activities
|Major||073 - Менеджмент (бакалавр)|
|Field of knowledge||7 Управління та адміністрування|
|Study start course||5|
|Form of education||full-time|
|Study hours structure||
|Amount of hours for individual work||78|
|Form of final examination||credit|
|Full name||Lutsykiv Ivanna|
Course goals and learning objectives
|The purpose is to provide a general understanding of the origin, definition, history, application and relationship of both business ethics and business law, along with the methods by which they are conceptualized and enforced. In addition, you now have a framework by which to help you make the correct legal and ethical decisions as they pertain to your managerial responsibilities.
A student has to demonstrate such learning outcomes on the discipline:
1. to know the special responsibilities placed upon you as a manager of people in the workplace, and of the significant impact that your legal and ethical responsibilities as a manager play for all stakeholders and society in general;
2. to acquire skills to identify individual business style and ethical needs of employee;
3. to know the role of the brands and the benefits of branding for the consumer and the manufacturer;
4. to know the goals and principles of ethical business communications and barriers of business communication;
5. to know and understand the nature, essence and principles of pedagogy in professional activity.
|Lectures||THEORETICAL ANG METHOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF ETHICS
1. The meaning and essence of business ethics.
2. The role of business ethics in management responsibilities.
3. The essence of ethical management.
4. Managerial guidelines for ethical dilemmas
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF PEDAGOGY AND ETHICS IN PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY
1. The meaning of pedagogy.
2. The principles of pedagogy.
3. Professional activity of manager.
4. Ethics and culture of manager.
ETHICAL ROLE OF THE MANAGER
1. Ethical leadership.
2. Ethical decision making frameworks.
3. Moral development.
ETHICAL COMMUNICATION IN BUSINESS
1. Aspects of ethical communication.
2. The goals and principles of ethical business communications
3. Communication & ethical issues in business.
4. Barriers of business communication.
ETHICAL ISSUES IN THE EMPLOYER-EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP
1. What is an Employer-Employee Relationship?
2. Ethical responsibilities in the employer-employee relationship.
3. Ethical issues in the workplace.
ETHICAL CONFLICTS IN THE WORKPLACE
1. The meaning and types of ethical conflicts.
2. Social responsibilities.
3. Ethical problems of managers.
|Practical classes||Topic 1. Theoretical and methological aspects of ethics
Topic 2. The fundamentals of pedagogy and ethics in professional activity
Topic 3. Ethical role of the manager
Topic 4. Ethical communication in business
Topic 5. Ethical issues in the employer-employee relationship
Topic 6. Ethical conflicts in the workplace
Recommended reading list. Subject Resources
|1, Aguilar, F. J., “Managing Corporate Ethics: Learning from America’s ethical companies how to supercharge business performance.” New York: Oxford University Press. 1994.
2. Abagail W., et al., The Oxford Handbook of Corporate Social Responsibility. New York: University Press, 2009.
3. Carroll, A. B., Business and Society: Ethics and Stakeholder Management, 3rd edn. Cincinnati: SouthWestern Publishing Co./International Thompson Publishing. 1996.
4. Crane, Andrew, and Dirk Matten. “Business ethics: Managing corporate citizenship and sustainability in the age of globalisation.” Aufl., New York (2010)
5. Ferrell, Odies C., and John Fraedrich. Business ethics: Ethical decision making and cases. Houghton Mifflin College Division, 1991.
|Луциків Іванна Василівна|
Дата останнього оновлення: 2020-11-06 09:12:23