Ternopil Ivan Puluj National Technical University
Факультет економіки та менеджменту
Кафедра менеджменту та адміністрування
|Major||073 - Менеджмент (бакалавр)|
|Field of knowledge||7 Управління та адміністрування|
|Study start course||2|
|Semesters||From 3 — to 4|
|Form of education||full-time|
|Study hours structure||
|Amount of hours for individual work||143|
|Form of final examination||exam|
|Full name||Lutsykiv Ivanna|
Course goals and learning objectives
|The purpose is to give systematized scientific knowledge of the basics of the theory of law and other branches of law and, on this basis, to provide the formation of the elements of the legal culture, legal guidelines and lawful behavior of non-law students in society
A student has to demonstrate such learning outcomes on the discipline:
1. to classify the various kinds of laws, and describe the key elements of the law system, and the concepts of the various schools of jurisprudence;
2. to contrast ethics, values, morality, law, and the various ethical theories and explain the need and means for promoting corporate social responsibility in business;
3. to analyze legal rules of ownership rights application by business corporation partners;
4. to make reasoned decisions about legal claims of creditors of companies;
5. to classify the different types of intellectual property and cases of infringement, and detail the measures for their protection;
6. to explain the basic elements of a contract, the sources of laws governing contracts, and the conditions for an offer to be valid;
7. to get acquainted with problems of partner’s guarantee for company liabilities;
8. to understand basic principles and criteria of admission, stay and dismissal from public service;
9. to provide oral and written explanations (consultation) about the content of employment relationships, which are used in labor and employment law;
10. to know and correctly apply the rules of labor law, according to the requirements of regulations, fill documents for staff.
|Lectures||LAW AND ITS MEANING
1. Introduction. Common positions
2. Sources of law.
3. Functions of law.
4. Objectives and branches of law.
5. Significance of labour law.
OBJECT, METHOD AND SOURCES OF EMPLOYMENT OF LABOUR LAW OF UKRAINE
1.Сoncept and the subject of labor law.
2. The employment relation.
3. Methods of labor law.
4. Workers, as the subjects of labor legal relations.
COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AND COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT
1. The concept of collective bargaining.
2. The concept of collective agreement.
3. Content and structure of collective agreement.
4. Procedure of concluding the collective agreement.
1. The concept and content of the employment contract.
2. Concluding of employment contract.
3. The procedure of hiring an employee.
4. Termination of the employment contract. The procedure of dismissal an employee.
WORKING TIME AND REST TIME
1. The concept of working time and his kinds.
2. Rest time.
PAYMENT FOR WORK
1. The concept of wages. Types and systems of payment for work.
2. Guarantees and compensation.
3. Bonus plans.
LABOR DISPUTES AND LIABILITY OF WORKERS
1. Disciplinary and material liability of workers.
2. Labour disputes.
3. Employment discrimination.
4. Workers' compensation.
1. Foundations of family law.
2. Rights and duties in parent-child relationship.
3. Importance of family law.
INTRODUCTION TO PRODUCT LIABILITY LAW
1. Foundations of product liability law.
2. Theories of product liability.
3. Responsible parties and types of product defects.
THE NATURE OF LAW
1. The nature of law.
2. Philosophy of Law.
3. Kinds of Jurisprudence.
4. Objectives of law.
5. Classifications of law.
6. Origin of law.
COURTS AND THE RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES
1. Courts and the Resolution of Disputes.
2. The Court System.
3. Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods.
4. Court Decisions.
2. Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure.
3. The Difference between Civil and Criminal Law.
4. Classification of Crimes.
5. The Purposes of Punishment.
6. End-of-Chapter Material.
1. Civil law history.
2. Civil law.
3. Your application for legal representation.
SOURCES OF INTERNATIONAL LAW
1. International regulation of sale agreements
2. Direct Sales to Customers Abroad
3. Licensing Technology to Manufacturers Abroad
4. Legal Problems with Licensing Arrangements
2. Cyber-torts .
3. Computers and privacy .
4. Trademarks in Cyberspace.
1. What is "administrative law"?
2. Challenging administrative decisions.
3. The development of administrative procedure law.
4. Judicial review of agency actions.
5. Principles of administrative law.
1. What is Land law?
2. Land Law of Ukraine. Land Law regulate the possession, use and disposal of land.
3. Land privatization.
4. Allocation of land from the lands of state and municipal property within the limits of free privatization.
5. Privatization of land plots which are used by citizens.
3. Property rights and contractual rights.
4. Property rights and personal rights.
|Practical classes||Law and its meaning
Object, method and sources of employment of labour law of Ukraine
Collective bargaining and collective agreement
Working time and rest time
Payment for work
Labor disputes and liability of workers
Introduction to product liability law
The nature of law
Courts and the resolution of disputes
Sources of international law
|Credit consists of 2 tests and individual work. Each test will contain both multiple-choice and short answer questions. When performing an individual work, the student must independently find the necessary scientific information; to analyze real facts related to the activities of different enterprises; be able to express their own thoughts, to argue suggestions and to properly submit them. Practical part of individual work should be performed according to the recommended plan on the example of the investigated enterprises. Individual work is done in the form of an abstract. The total amount of individual work 10-15 pages.|
Recommended reading list. Subject Resources
|1. Lutsykiv I. V. The course of lectures on discipline “Law” for the 3rd year students of the specialty 073 “Management” (full-time study bachelors). – Ternopil: TNTU, 2017. – 79 p.
2. Kotovs’ka I. V. The course of lectures on discipline “Law” for the 2rd year students of the specialty 6.030601 “Management” (full-time study bachelors). 2 nd edition, revised and enlarged. – Ternopil: TNTU, 2016. – 70 p.
3. Steven Vago. - 7 edition. - Law and Society. - Prentice Hall; (May 30, 2002)
Norbert J. Mietus. - 2nd edition. - Understanding the Law. - West Group; (March 1, 1995).
4. Joanne Banker Hames. - 1 edition. - Introduction to Law. - Prentice Hall; (June 10, 1997).
5. Jim P. Cummins. - Tort Law. - Prentice Hall; 1 edition (June 25, 1998).
6. Herbera O.Ye. ; Business law: Study guide for the students of the speciality 7.050201 ″Management of organizations″ (full-time study bachelors) / Herbera O.Ye.
Ternopil: TSTU, 2010. - 55 c.
|Луциків Іванна Василівна|
Дата останнього оновлення: 2020-11-06 09:11:44