Ternopil Ivan Puluj National Technical University
Факультет економіки та менеджменту
Кафедра менеджменту та адміністрування
Manager’s work organization
|Major||073 - Менеджмент (бакалавр)|
|Field of knowledge||7 Управління та адміністрування|
|Study start course||3|
|Form of education||full-time|
|Study hours structure||
|Amount of hours for individual work||42|
|Form of final examination||credit|
|Full name||Lutsykiv Ivanna|
Course goals and learning objectives
|The purpose is to provide students with fundamental theoretical and practical knowledge in various concepts of organization manager’s work which are necessary for the professional activity of managers in market conditions, the elements of which are legal, technological, organizational, technical and educational components for improving an organization's effectiveness.
A student has to demonstrate such learning outcomes on the discipline (write 5-7 outcomes):
1. to know organization of manager’s work on different levels of government and the formation of its components;
2. to understand the application of modern principles and directions of scientific work;
3. to be able to organization process of documenting the management, the requirements for the preparation and execution of documents;
4. to understand the current state and trends of the newest technology in management;
5. to equip students with both a conceptual understanding and the knowledge about planning for personal work, organization workplace manager and managing the flow of visitors.
|Lectures||Fundamentals of management work
1. Manager: definition and role.
2. Levels of management.
3. Management skills.
4. Types of managers.
The role and functions of the manager in an evolving organization
1. The role of manager in organization.
2. Functions of managers.
3. Duties of managers.
1. Basic types of management styles.
2. Laissez-faire style of working.
3. Hay-McBer’s management styles.
Manager and leader
1. Differences between manager and leader.
2. Characteristics and importance of leadership.
3. Qualities of a successful leader.
The notion of career and success
1. Meaning, types and factors of career and success.
2. Career planning.
3. Stages of career and periods of life.
4. Career choice.
Planning of manager’s work
1. Role and meaning of planning of managers work.
2. Scheduling work time.
3. Methods to manage time effectively.
Personal development planning
1. Role and meaning of personal development planning.
2. The personal development planning cycle.
3. Ethics and culture of manager.
Technological aspects of organization of manager’s work
1. Preparation and execution of documents.
2. Basic requirements for preparation of paper documents.
3. Processing of text materials.
Organization of manager’s office
1. Effective meeting planning and organization guidelines.
2. Organizational skills for meetings.
3. How to organize and run effective meetings.
Organization of administrative manager’s work
1. Organization and planning of the workplace.
2. Working conditions. Equipment of work place.
3. Use of technology in the manager’s work.
4. Business contacts, negotiations, phone calls.
|Practical classes||Topic 1. Fundamentals of management work
Topic 2. The role and functions of the manager in an evolving organization
Topic 3. Management styles
Topic 4. Manager and leader
Topic 5. The notion of career and success
Topic 6. Planning of manager’s work
Topic 7. Personal development planning
Topic 8. Technological aspects of organization of manager’s work
Topic 9. Organization of manager’s office
Topic 10. Organization of administrative manager’s work
Recommended reading list. Subject Resources
|1. Lutsykiv I. V. The course of lectures on discipline “Organization of manager’s work” for the 3rd year students of the specialty 073 “Management” (full-time study bachelors).– Ternopil: TNTU, 2018. – 94 p.
2. Lutsykiv I. V. Handbook for practical classes and self-training on discipline “Organization of manager’s work” for the 3rd year students of the specialty 073 “Management” (full-time study bachelors).– Ternopil: TNTU, 2018. –35 p.
3. T. Hannagan Management concepts and practice. – fourth edition. – FT Prentice Hall. – England. – 2005. – p. 471.
4. Anne FieldYour Ticket to a New Career? Franchising Can Put Your Skills to Work in Your Own Business in Business Week Investor. – Small Business section, Business Week – 2003. – May 12. – P. 56-63.
5. I. Adizes Managing: The Business of Mutual Trust and Respect. –Manage. – 45 910. – P. 26-28.
6. Managing in the Gray: Five Timeless Questions for Resolving Your Toughest Problems at Work. – Harvard Business Review Press. – 2016. – p. 362.
|Луциків Іванна Василівна|
Дата останнього оновлення: 2020-11-06 09:12:05